Sankt Annæ Gymnasium – in English
Choral singing of an international standard and general academic education go hand in hand in a modern institution with a proud tradition for music and high academic standards. Sankt Annæ Gymnasium is the home of:
– Copenhagen Royal Chapel Choir
– Copenhagen Girls´Choir
– Sankt Annæ Youth Choir
Sankt Annæ Gymnasium is a municipal school with not only primary and secondary units (the Folkeskole) but also an upper secondary unit, high school (the Gymnasium) as well as the established European School Copenhagen. The aim of the school is to create well-educated and well-trained young people with artistic talent, who take pleasure in their work, who share a sense of quality and who have equal respect for their own worth and that of others.
The school was founded in 1929 and is the only of its kind in Denmark.
The Gymnasium and Folkeskole
– offers teaching of the highest quality in all subjects
– develops independence and initiative
– has 605 students (gymnasium)
– has 579 pupils (folkeskole)
– gives high priority to student democracy
– collaborates internationally with an extensive number of educational institutions abroad
– offers a 4-year talent course, the MGK
– has its own choir, symphony orchestra and big band
This site is under development – further information about the school and its activities will be provided along the way.
For information about the school in general please contact
Principal Mrs. Anette Holst (email@example.com)